- $1.1 Billion (with a “B”)
- Up 27% over last year
- $762 Million of revenue from their Premier Agent Program (about ¾ of their revenue)
Profit and Loss
- $94 Million loss for 2017 (ouch!)
- $35 Million projected profit for 2018
Sales & Marketing
- $448 Million invested into Sales & Marketing in 2017 (!) (almost half of their revenue!?!)
- $6.5 Billion of commissions generated in 2017
- Based on their calculations, this represents 7.5% of all commissions generated in 2017*
*This stat, to me, is fascinating.
It seems like a lot of Realtors’ attention, time, energy and distraction goes into Zillow for only 7.5% of the commissions.
Don’t get me wrong, $6.5 Billion is a lot of money. I understand that, for some Realtors, Zillow generates massive results.
I see too many Realtors dabbling in Zillow. It seems that a clear strategic decision along with a massive commitment needs to be made in order to attract part of the $6.5 Billion.
If the commitment cannot be made to Zillow, stop being distracted by it and focus on the other 92.5% of commission revenue that is available to you.